Magnepan vs. Martin Logan

I have heard both of these companies speakers, but not in the same room, nor on the same day. So I liked both a lot, but could someone who has more listening experience please describe the audible differences of the two technologies?
I have a McCormack DNA .5 amp (120 wpc) Will this be sufficient to drive them?

Thanks... John
koestner

I have been extremely happy with my Aerius i's and wouldn't trade them for the world. Cwlondon's explanation is quite satisfactory. I have heard a lot of negative remarks pointing to "cohesion" issues. I have absolutely no problem with the panels integrating with the woofer simply because I believed that ML has solved that problem and thus the hybrid term implies. The sound is seamless and the integration is quite successful. ML speakers have two hard to beat strengths: speed and midrange delivery. For chamber and orchestral works, these speakers offer a more intimate portrait than the Maggies IMHO. However the Maggies bring a more coherent and complete soundstage that may sound smoother and has a bit more punch in the lower bass. It is all a matter of choice. I do agree that ML speakers are relatively expensive- the newest models have price tags that are rather disappointing. If you are shopping for ML speakers, get used ones, otherwise for the value and performance, the Maggies will have to be first choice. If only ML can lower the price tag!
finally i hear someone else who likes their Aerius i! i always hear criticism about these speakers, but i really really love them. i have yet to hear a box speaker that i prefer (and i have heard box speakers costing 3x as much as the aerius).

but, i also live in a small apartment, and like to play music at moderate and sometimes low levels. Zen-- you're right on; the ML sounds fast. i would also say it sounds very unrestricted / "free", with a clarity that hypnotizes me. and i have never felt like the bass doesn't match the panel.

maybe i don't know what i'm missing... if so, than ignorance is bliss! :)
cwlondon your comparison is hard to beat so accurate,i use
to listen tomy friend maggies, i own ML quest,upgraded with
siltech, world of a difference, for logan it took me 5 years
to get the most out of them, like learning how to position
them, sa 100 plinius and siltech and cardas cables,adcom
gfa 750,sony dvd 9000es, did the trick, and i added home
made base trap, and acoustic foam, bought from AA.This
combination is the best I heard the quest in my set up
of coirse IMHO only.Let me add also the maggies to my
own opinion they are also world class speaker, whenever
I listen to them,I want to purchase a pair.