What's your favorite speaker finish?

There are so many beautiful wood veneer speaker finishes that manufactures offer in there premium lines....What are some of your favorites? Cherry, Mahogany, Birdseye Maple, Yew, Rosewood, Walnut etc?
jla
There are many nice finishes. If you want the best psychological soundstage, match the speaker to the wall or the wall to the speaker as close as possible. Of course, you could always turn out all the lights or close your eyes if you really must have a "look at me " speaker. I painted the wall behind my speaker’s dark plum. My speakers are all black and they disappear against the wall.

Stewart
I chose the natural cherry finish for my B&W Nautilus 802's, 4 B&W 805's (rear surround)and my REL Stentor because, combined with the black laquer finish of my Pioneer Elite Pro 720 with the B&W HTM1 on top - the result was absolutely stunning. The natural cherry finish comes to life against the backdrop of the Elite.
A good grade of Brazilian rosewood is wonderful. Alas, what one mostly sees is far too dark because the low-contrast wood is far more plentiful and thus costs the builder less.

Bubinga is beautiful and becoming more popular but most builders and cabinet makers go "Huh?" when you mention it.

Brazilian kingwood is stunning and resembles rosewood as does tulipwood, also from Brazil.

Perhaps most beautiful of all to me is witch's hair mahogany but it is nearly impossible to find at any price.

That being said, I've paid for custom wood furniture but would never pay extra for custom finishes on my speakers. I know I'll keep my furniture forever.

will
Natalie: Black Piano Liquor or Liqueur.... oh......lacquer!!! Rats I was hoping for a new
type finish for speakers in which you listen
and feel good at the same time!!!!