Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
Some Spendor 1/2's went up today. Grab them.
As a side note I have absolutely nothing to do with the sale. Merely a happy 1/2 owner trying to spread the word.
Don't take my word...Do a search on the web and read the reviews. They speak for themselves.
Hey Jimbo, check out the Dynaudio Contour 1.8's. This is a great all-arounder which often shows up here on a-gon under 2k, which quite a bargain when you consider they originally retailed at 3600. Great speaker, check the reviews and go have a listen!
In answer to Viggen's question: FYI, The B&W Matrix3 series 2 was current in 1989. "Matrix" describes the honeycomb, concrete cabinet design used to reduce vibrations. I owned them 12 years. I sold them because they began to bore me in terms of their presentation of music. I could not perceive anything new about the music I played. Nevertheless, the B&W Matrix 3 was a very good speaker; my acoustic values seemed to have changed over the years..... Whatever you may read about speaker performance on this forum, great speakers, which are often and unfortunately very expensive(overpriced is a better word) seem to be able to communicate some new aspect of the music you may value and treasure.
Actually, the B&W Matrix III take a lot of clean power to wake them up. I used a 100wpc Adcom amp with the B&W's and it sounded real thin. I then ran 450wpc from a Citation 7.1 amp and the speakers finally came alive in 2 channel audio. I changed because I have been leaning more towards Home Theater.