Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
Frankly, no one can really answer this question without knowing what kind of AMP you're using.
FOLLOW-UP TO ABOVE THREAD: Many thanks to all who responded so far to this thread. I wish I had the time to e-mail back each response. First,one member advised to be patient and hold for a "killer deal". Yes, good advise; but,how does two years worth of patience sound since I sold my B&W Matrix 3's?? I am listening currently and only occassionally through a pair of Large Advents(don't ask why!! none of my reasons will seem rational) One member ask about my setup which is: Aragon 4004MK2, Conrad Johnson PV-8(which has been modified twice)and a Sonagraphe SC-1 CD player---all are about..gulp...15 years old. The interconnect cables are nothing spectacular. AudioMagic Spellcaster 2 runs between the pre/power amp, and a Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling between the pre/CD setup. I have a VPI Junior/Audioquest/Bluepoint specialT/T that has seen little use; and, a Nakamichi LX-3to play a set of Grateful Dead recorded concerts----still an outstanding tape deck. I have two Monster Cable interconnects which were reference series in 1990 that are used with the take deck. I sold my hi-end speaker cable with the speakers.... My room is 15X22 with a 13 ft cathredral ceiling--there is some slap echo....FYI: Big speakers are out; that is why any Maggie, whether 2.7 and 3.3(even 1.6R), is not under consideration and I auditioned them all. I have heard Thiel 2.3; Audio Physic Virgo 2 and 3's(liked the 2's,but the 3's are too bright)Martin Logans: Ascent, Prodigy, SL-3, Aerius(too finicky with raspy highs when pushed; though, I have read the new model, Clarity is smoother) Quad L-22; Audes Blues; Dunlavy Althea. B&W Nautilus 803 thru 801. A member recommended B&W 802'Series 3's of which several pairs have appeared on this site recently for $1800---that to me is not much of an upgrade form their Matrix 3's.... Also, would like to buy something with some "style" and looks. Considered "used" AP Libra's, and Roman Audio's Centurion which is gorgeous in all its veneers---both are pricey even used; also Gershman RX-20 which I have never on this site read much praise compared to other speakers. Finally, I don't want to have to play around much with placement; I realize this is a no-brainer for us audiophiles slaves, but I am getting impatient in my middle years with measuring my enjoyment of music in millimeters of positioning. So there it is!! Deep bass and soundstaging are very important for my next speakers because the B&W'Matrix 3's were lacking in this area.... Again thanks to all for taking the time to answer this thread. Jimbo
^^^^^ paralysis by analysis, perhaps??

And not to be a smartass, but some paragraphs sure would have made that more enjoyable to read...

Good luck on your quest.
I agree with paralysis response; get yourself some Spendor 1/2's used for 1800.00 1900.00 thru jeffs sound values and never look back. one of the best, period and a steal even brand new. forget style listen to the music.