Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
Gershman Acoustics Cameleon, under $1800-, NEW!!! I heard them at both the 2002 and 2003 C.E.S shows, and was floored both times! And at the 2003 show, these speakers were used with a CD player, and integrated amp, with stock power cords, and sounded awesome for a system total cost of around $4500-! Contact me for more info regarding the set-up.
I have seen the EPOS ES-30's anywhere from $1200-1600 used. I bi-wire the mids and tweeters to one channel and the bass to a second to a Sherbourn 5/1500a(5 Channels) using Monster Z2. Four channels used for the left and right speaker and the 5th for a center speaker.
The sound is crisp and clean with very tight bass down to 25hz. The entire EPOS line are renowned for reproduction of Jazz and Classical music. However, The ES-30's, (IMHO), are the only model EPOS that really Rock.
I auditioned many speakers including the B&W Nautilus line. I found the ES-30's imaged and presented a better soundstage than the 803's but they just fell short of the 802's. Of course the B&W name comes with a price tag even the in re-sale market. I almost justified a B&W purchase with the "its an investment" argument but I just didn’t have the cash.
I just saw a pair of Van Schweikert VR-3s offered on Audiogon. This is a great speaker for the money.
I just bought a pair of Sony SS M9's and continued to be amazed by how good they sound. I bought them to tide me over till I had the money for a pair of Watt/Puppies or Soundlabs, but I'm not sure anymore if I need to change speakers again. I only paid $1100 for these floor standing nearly full range beauties.