Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
There's a lot of excellent speakers out there at that price range, many of which would go with your listening taste. Might be good to let us know which amp you are using, though. Some examples:
Thiel 3.6, B&W 802 matrix,Tylo Ref Monitors, NHT 3.3, Aerial (6 or 7?), Revel Performa 30, Infinity Prelude PFR.

Consider the following only if you have a high power/high current solid state amp: Magnepan 3.3 or 3.5, Dunlavy 4.
Best of luck.
B&W Nautilus 805, JM Reynaud Trente, Merlim TSM-Milennium.

All of these are bookshelf speakers, but I've had all in my home (Trentes right now). EXCELLENT sound.
All of these are Musical, Accurate, with incredible soundstaging and imaging, and tight bass down to 40hz or so.

I use a Rogue Tempest in triode (30watts) and get great strong bass from my trentes, let me turn it up so you can hear.
New Carolina Audio 6XL's go fo $1800 and are fantastic transmission line loaded 2 ways with series crossovers. Hand made in Charleston www.carolinaaudio.com

I have the JTM's using the Jordan JX92s full range driver and I have never been this blown away by a speaker..... only $1500... I honestly can't think of a speaker at any price that I'd rather have in my living room.