B&W VS Dynaudio .........

I've grown bored with the sound of my B&W n803's and was considering replacing them with with Dynaudio contour 3.3's. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the 3.3's would mate well with my other components.

Marantz SA14
KRELL KCT
KAV 250a (I intend to replace this with 250mc's and run cast)
Transparent Reference interconnects & Synergistic Research resolution Reference speaker cables.

I am open to suggestions regarding equipment if someone cares to enlighten me.

Thanks in advance,

Damon
128x1282001impala
It somewhat depends on your taste in music, but if you like Rock / jazz / R&B, Dynaudio driven by Krell is excellent, IMO. I have the Contour 3.0's driven by the FPB-200c, absolutely love it. The upgrade from the KAV-250a (which I owned before the FPB) was a really nice one, though I thought the KAV-250 was an excellent performer for the price. Depending on your budget, you may want to look into the Confidence line, though I wouldn't suggest you do so unless an FPB-class amp is in your near future. Dynaudios really like the juice behind them, but if you provide it they will reward you.
I would first suggest the changing amp as some other people suggest. I think (my opinion - but changes regularly) B&W are more revealing of amplification than they are of themselves.
Krell is great with B&W but maybe lacks the interest factor. Try a tube pre or Musical Fidelity SS.
You could look at other speakers as a second option. As a B&W owner, the only speakers I like better than B&W are ATC. There are both active and passive 50's. Try to demo these speakers. I can describe sound if you want.
Funky post W! very complete.
I have the B&W N804's with Levinson and I have been listening to different speakers because I feel I could be missing something or I just might be getting bored. Every time I listen to different speakers I return home and I hear just how good the B&W's sound. I have been moving my speakers back and forth, in and out, toe-in, toe-out after every adventure and this has opened up my listening experiance and respect for the Nautilus Line. I was at a private listening of the Wisdom speakers, I went on a road trip to hear the new Wilson Sophias, but the speakers that made me think about changing(and I'm still thinking) are the Revel Ultima Studios. Peace and good Listening, Pat.
Pat, I think what really bugs me is the sound it's self seems accurate. However, I've yet to hear a demo where, regardless of position, acoustic treatments or associated equipment, heard a pair that imaged well. It is these subtle inner details in which I find myself longing for.

Happy Listening,

Damon
Damon,

Over the years I've considered buying 801 or 802's but found the sound a bit "polite". B&W have one of the best midranges on any speaker I've heard, but the high-end is too rolled off for my liking. Every time I consider purchasing a pair I can't help but feel within a year or two I'd grow bored with them. It's almost like they intentionally conceal the detail in favour of a smooth, non-fatiguing mid-range. 90% of the music IS focused in the mid-range so B&W design trade-offs make sense, but I just find them uninvolving. No toe tapping going on. It's worth noting my biases too; I've not heard a traditional box speaker that sounds as musically satisfying as a planar speaker. I would suggest you give electrostatics and ribbons a listen, they may be just what your ears are longing for. Best, Jeff