Box speakers that sound like Electrostats?

Has anyone found a monitor or full range speaker that compares to an electrostat?
128x128dennis_the_menace
I took my Spica TC-50s to my "local" Quad dealer and listened to the Quad 12L, the Spicas and the 988 (all thru Quad electronics, with a sub). To me the 12Ls were very impressive and in some ways better (e.g. smoother) than the Spicas, but the Spicas were closer in personality to the 988.
Just a note to say I prefer paper cone boxes to Electrostats. I am a classical musician, and I think they sound more realistic. The metallic sound of Electrostats somehow don't capture the full scope of musical expressions.
I like old big 15inch Tannoys, not because it sounds like electrostats, but cuz they don't. Just a note incase someone wanted to get into classical music, I think boxes will lead you there quicker.
interesting comments gonglee...i'm a classical music fan and that's exactly the reason i went to electrostats...well, i can tell that you probably never heard Innersound electrostats with classical music...there is no metallic sound and the chamber music or piano/violin solos are absolutely envolving...one thing though...the Innersounds, due to their narrow sweet spot, can not do justice to full scale Mahler, but i can live with that...
I sold my Maggies for sets of Modified NEARs.I was able to do testing before I sold the Maggies and have no refrets In the least.Believe it or not the NEARs were more transparent than the Maggies.I won't be going back to Electrostats or panels ever again.They get some things right,but they lack integration of good way down Bass and I do not like adding a sub.
Abex, again i have to say to you the same thing that i said to Gonglee3's post...you obviously never heard Innersound electrostats if you say that the electrostats lack integration of the woofer with the pannel...many people think of ML when they hear "electrostats" (and I fully agree, ML's don't do bass very well), but they should give a listen to a pair of Innersound speakers first before generalizing...