What's the best dirt bag speaker you have heard?

My minimalist side expects speakers that cost thousands of dollars to sound great. When I find something at throw away prices that exceeds my expectations I am inordinately delighted. I recently put a little system together for our cabin. The goal was that if the system was ripped off in our absence it wouldn't be a great loss. The only store in town was Radio Shack. They were closing out these RCA units with weird bi-direction tweeters. They sounded pretty good so I bought them for $40.00 apiece. Having listened to them for awhile now (with a sub-woofer) I am going to feel bad if they turn up missing next year.
stevemj
Stevemj- You must have found a pair of RCA speakers that have Lineum tweeters. Too bad that the best deal Lineum found was with Radio Shack, they make great tweeters and should not have been overlooked by serious manufacturers.
My vote would be for the Warfdale diamond 6's Audio Advisor blew out for $149 awhile back. A couple of bucks for some Cardas 14 & 17 ga to rewire the drivers, a pair of inexpensive stands, about 15 lb. of lead, and Oh Boy! I got some muscle to help twaddle the (mighty) B&W 808s out of the room of the main system, hooked up the Warfdales, found the right node, and was so pleased, I left them in the system for a week till the need for some lower register forced their removal. They still live and are thriving in another system somewhere in this house.
David, that's too obvious an answer, but I am offended, since I know which senator you're referring to (a fellow Buddy Holly fan) and I wouldnt call him a dirt bag.

Best regards,

Paul
Has anyone out there heard the BIC Venturi speakers modified by Ed Frias at EFE Technology? You can buy the speakers for around $120 or so and the mod costs around $35, if you pull the crossover out yourself and send it to them. This may be a little pricy for a dirt bag speaker, but the user comments on these things are impressive. I haven't heard these things but was thinking about them for a 2nd system.