Talon Khorus x or B&W 802

whats best,talon khorus x or b&w 802,for jeff rowland 10 thanks
alesantin
Kana813,

Hello...The main reason for the number of original Talon Khorus for sale is that these folks are upgrading to either the Talon Raven or Talon Khorus X. As good as the original Khorus was, the new Talon products are even better. If I may ask, what exactly is a pre-Talon Khorus?

You are correct that the older Talon speakers need a long break-in (VERY long). But, because of design changes and the fact that Talon does indeed now do partial break-in at the factory, the new Talon speakers break-in has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced (only around 100-200 hours instead of 500-700 hours as it was with the original line).

Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
i got a pair of Talon Khorus (non x)
hooked to pass labs x250 , bat vk -40 and electrocompaniet
emc -1...
my non x pair are amazing as they are, had a chance to audition the x version and i'm tellin you
go with the TALONS brother,
they kick butt real bad !
Hey Mike, just interested why you liked the Edge, Sim, EMC combo the best? I bet it is incredible. BTW, echoing earlier posts, your input (dealer or not) is always most appreciated, and I would also add that as a dealer, your previous responses to my threads have always been at the forefront of business ethics-- E-mailing me personally, and not posting, for example, to avoid appearances of impropriety, etc. Thanks for all of your great insights.
Dave
...Sorry to ask the question inside this discussion but I'd also like to hear openions on how Khorus or Khorus X sounds on different loudness levels. What is the best loudness level for Khorus? How these speakers sound in low volume levels?
Mike- Prior to forming Talon, Mr.Budge sold a two Khorus
using Focal drivers. About the same shape, different cabinet materials. Mine are finished in Koa.

Why would a an owner of a $14K Khorus w/X crossovers "upgrade" to the $7K Ravens?

Aloha.