Mods for bright speaker?

I was looking at the Monitor Audio Bronze 2. It has been reviewed better than Acoustic Energy EVO 1 or Jamo but I'm afraid it will be too bright with Yamaha receiver. What Hi-Fi ended up pairing the Acoustic Energy (instead of B&W 303's)with a Sony for just this reason.
I've heard of 1) tissue paper over the tweeter and 2) using felt rings around tweeter. Is there any simple mod to the x-over (add a capacitor)? Or should I just go with the Acoustic Energy?
cdc
Very good advice Cloudgif, I would never buy a product knowing there may be a problem with a component I am not willing to change- that dreaded word synergy.
Walker Audio High Definition Links.

http://www.walkeraudio.com/high_definition_links.htm
I agree with the above advice. I have heard the Monitor Audio's but not the Bronze 2. They are revealing speakers and are not bright when set up properly, but they are not forgiving to any grain or harsh electronics on the front end. If you are not planning to upgrade the Yamaha then find the speaker that works well with it (system synergy is very important). If you think you might upgrade the Yamaha in the not too distant future, evaluate the speakers on their own merit and then worry about what electronics you need on the front end to get the most out of them. By the way, if you haven't figured it out, this is the way to "audiophilia", the constant pursuit of upgrading a piece of equipment to find that it makes that other piece of equipment sound bad, and so you must upgrade it--but then... well you know what happens then.
Analysis plus oval 9 speaker cables tend to take some brightness out of a system.