Planning audio audition trip to NY/NJ, vendors???

I am planning on burning some winter blues by jumping in the car, leaving NE Ohio and traveling east to Philly, north NJ or NYC to audition some audio gear. I'm looking for everything, CDP's, speakers, amps, etc., for various room sizes, future upgrading, and general audio knowledge/experience etc. I'm looking for your help on some good retailers to visit in these areas, hopefully some vendors that I could have a buying relationship with in the future. Would appreciate your positive experiences.
mjh049
By the way, don't jump into the car till next week, many of these folks are out at CES.
I highly recommend Audio Outlet in Mount Kisko, NY, about an hour's drive north of NYC. Frank Huang is the owner, and he and Mike are very knowledgeable and nice. They carry ARC, Martin Logan, ProAc, Conrad Johnson, Revel, Hovland, and others that I can't remember. Check out their website at audiooutlet.com.
I agree with Trelja on David Serota at David Lewis Audio. They have good products and he will have your head spinning. Don't be to eager to buy anything. It all sounds different in your own home so be thorough and see if you can get equipment loaned out. I know soundex lets people audition at home but most pay retail for their gear.
Audio Connect on Bloomfield Ave in Verona NJ is a very good and recommended visit. Ask for John Ruttan. Dealers in NYC can be a disappointing experience. Audio Connect will be a good experience. 973-239-1799 ask for John Ruttan. Maybe best to call in advance so John can arrange an appointment and give you undivided attention. Every one at Audio Connect is very friendly and cares about the music. Kelly and Mary are sweethearts and will make your visit warm friedly and comfortable. You will hear music and be surprised at how much sound you can obtain for a reasonable amount of money when the components are matched well by a knowledgeable experienced staff who cares. Enjoy the trip.
Just for the sake of adding to the din regarding the NYC standard haunts, as well as possibly demonstrating that it can all depend on the luck of the draw when you walk in the door, I've had wonderful experiences at Innovative; fair to good experiences at Park Audio; both great and awful experiences at Singer (my favorite guy left, alas); reliably mediocre times at the Stereo Exchange; and after one trip uptown to Lyric to hear the Maggies, I never made it back. Yes, and Red Rose is a treat -- and you can pop into the Whitney while you're at it. While the New York city audio salons are certainly not the most reliably user-friendly, you can't knock the selection....