Bose makes more than speakers...

I got a newspaper clipping which says that Bose makes more than speakers. They included a list (I don't know if it's everything Bose makes). I thought it was interesting, so I decided that I'd post it.

1. Military jet alternators
2. Nuclear generator control systems.
3. Space shuttle's audio system.
4. Noise-reducing crewman helmet for tank drivers.

They have also experimented with cold fusion.
jc2000
Sometimes I buy lumber that have real and pronounced bose in them. Can't seem to find the name plate though.
Buying a Bose system is like paying $30,000 for a Yugo with 300,000 miles on it.
Now now Gunbei........
My aunt has one of those CD thingies in her kitchen.
She loves the recordings I made her of her old Vinyl.
For a radio...a RADIO guys!!! Table sized RADIO. Did I mention that it is a radio?
It is better than anything its size for the kitchen.

You wont find any Bose in my system, but as far as table radios go, the Kloss was a nice one...but I would have no problem suggesting the Bose.
Certainly better than any other thing you can get in its size class.
Kind of like the old Proton Clock radios. Great Sound, for a radio.
(But I gat this sulphur taste in my mouth when I say the word.) :>)
Phuuleeez, this is a HiFi website, discussion about Bose aint gots no place here. Sheesh!
My posting seems to have generated some...unhappy comments. I presented this clipping less for the hi-fi value and more for general education and entertainment.

I hasten to say that I do not like Bose, myself. In fact, I'd buy a product from Bose shortly after adapting 8 Track as my primary format. I probably should have mentioned this in the original post--but I decided that I wanted to avoid any Bose bashing, since it is too easy. (Which meant leaving out the comment that if a nuclear plant with Bose controls melts down, it will do so with strong bass power.)

However, for some strange reason, I found that clipping interesting, although I can't really say why. One thought is that given that they are making what I imagine to complicated products, I have to wonder _why_ they aren't making better speakers. (In design, listening is critical--but so is engineering.) The why they aren't might have to do with lack of interest, I guess.

As for this post not being right for a hi-fi site, so are many other postings, such as "Best Beer" and "What Type of Car Do You Drive?" And, it may be worth paying a _little_ attention to Bose, simply because it is what most people consider quality audio.