Which SPEAKER for the 21ST century?

Cones vs Electrostats vs Ribbons Can we all somewhat agree that the speaker is the most important component in our system? We are all familiar with the cone driver. Has the old tech cone(mid/high) driver reached its potential zenith? Does the electrostats have the potential to become more efficient? Size less overwhelming? As well will the prices ever become reasonable? And last will the new tech(mid/high) ribbons become the choice drivers for high fidelity music reproduction for the new century? All comments are well appreciated.Thanks
tweekerman
Unsound, i got the web address from MikeO on Madisound's forum for the awesome looking Seas W15CH-001, a revolutionary midrange with 6 neodynamiun magnets. Try this site, i've tried it but does not work if i try to key it in, but works if i use "my favorite". http://www.intertechnik.de/cgi-local/shop3_blatt.pl?1346 If you go to Madisound click on Catalogue Click on Seas Click on Seas home page Click on Excel, you'll see the beautiful W26!. You can't get the specs for the driver yet. But you can get a drawing and specs of the W15CH. The new tweeter, is a remake of a older model i believe, so nothing there. I just posted a thread on Mad about ribbons vs dome tweets. hunmmm, seems the ribbons ,ESg3 R-2 Philips RSQ8P offer a wonderful resolution-image of music, but there is the vertical dispersion issue. There are quite a few superior dome tweets to consider, Accuton C23, Hiquaphon come to mind. I remember Duke saying he heard the wonderful R-3's and when you stand up, you notice a drop in fq's. Same for electrostats sweet spot issue. Everyone at Mad is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the W26's. Take a look at the description and the specs on the W15CH. The other superior midrange to compare is the Accuton C-79, which i have going in a 3 way.
Now I am using a lowther pm4a mid a raven r3.1 ribbon tweeter and cabaz mid woofer section and a velodyne 18in sub for ulta sonics.This way I can run a S.E.T. on the mids and class a solid state on the rest,etc.sub.I am really enjoying this combination and am going to build a more integrated speaker .I would rather have a great mid range and go without the frequincy extremes ,but this combo to me has it all
Hey John, are you the guy that posted a whilie back that you had the R-3's? Or are these new for you? Dude, That's one heck of a speaker!!!! Most folks don't know what the R-3's are all about. Now about the Lowthers i'm not too hip about, all i know is that it's a very fine "full-range" The Cabasse mid, they are all right, but i think you can do better. Seems you are like me, into superior drivers. ...hummm, i think i can give you a few suggestions. But with the R-3's, you got top dog there. With that + the ultimate woofer...the new Seas W26!!!, So here goes...Seas W26+R-3!!! Bammm! $30K speaker! Ain't nothing going to touch it!
I added the ravens to my oris horn speaker when I sell it I am building a new system arround the raven .Love the sound of the r3.1 but it still needs a mid.I was thinking about using 2 fostex sigmas for mids per side and 2 PHL 15in woofers per.that way I can use a simple crossover and keep everything at 98db -1-watt.ever heard of the cabasse 20 3/4 in woofer?thxs for your advise I will look into it