Whats the best Small speaker thats cheap

I was thinking of upgrading my NHT super zeros which I love! Any suggestions must be reasonable lets say selling for less than $ 600 a pair new or used or less Must be small in size too 12 x 12 x 12 approx. maximum. I am considering NOS NHT super ones . BTW I am also using an NHT Sub One so Bass is not an issue ! Thanks !
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xweiserb
In your price range, I like the Tannoy Mercury mx 1 ($270) or mx2 ($370), the Tannoy Revolution 1 ($500), the Triangle Titus ($500). Try to find a dealer and take a listen. I have NHT Super Zero's in my kitchen (space limitation issue) and like them, but these others are MUCH better.
Consider the Swan Diva 2.1 ($399)and the norH 4.0 ($300). Unfortunately, I haven't heard them myself but they've been well-received by many folks at another message board (harmony discord).

You can look here:
http://www.cheaphometheater.com/Speaker%20Shootout.htm
for a comparison.
I do not feel that you are going to significantly improve the sound (due to speaker placement) with different speakers (the Zero's work quite well in the near field). You might instead look into upgrading your source (whether it be a stand alone player, sound card, etc.).
Try a pair of KEF Q60s and you will be baffled with the sound these puppies produce. If you go to audioreview.com you can get an idea of what other people have to say about this little know giant! Smooth, spectacular soundstage, imaging, detail, and clarity without having to empty out your bank account!
I picked up the ProAc tablette 2000 speakers and they are a huge improvement ! Thanks!