what is the best super speaker and why?

what is the best speaker in the 30k and up crowd. the genesis 1s, ml statement, jm lab utopias,and grand utopias, wilson maxxes, and x-1, whamms, sound lab u-1s, i realize to get good sound you dont have to spend this much but i want to know what you guys and gals think is the baddest boy on the block. dynamics ,detail, what speaker makes you feel i am at the real deal. thanks for looking.
128x128kirk930
cornfedboy ; i have been trying to think of something to say about your post. first of all avalons are great speakers. it is to bad you chose jm labs to bash. as most people know focal ownes jm lab. the tweeter that goes in the utopia line is 900 a piece. the other drivers are also very expensive.the cabinets whether you like the way they look are not are first rate. avalon uses focal drivers as well , along with wilson and thiel. in 1996 their were over 60 speaker companies around the world useing focal drivers. no major speaker company uses the utopia line of drivers. #1 because of cost#2 because they are not sold to anyone else. so you might want to check with your source of immense infromation, to see were they got that idea. anyway you must know i have utopias, and took a hit at me. thats ok i am a big boy. i always said all high end audio is to high. that is why we have audiogon , so we can all buy great gear at a great price. thanks everyone for your opinions thus far. keep them coming.
I'm with you Kirk930 as I prefer the JMs over the Avalons, but to each his own.....Best I have heard are the Rockports, but these are choices you need to make yourself....I've been running the Rockport Syzygy speakers with modified Entec L2f woofers now for about nine years and find them just wonderful.....The Rockports and the Kharmas sound similar with the Rockports having more "pop" if that is important to you......
Cornfed seems to have a problem with Kirk. Avalon and JM Lab both make World Class speakers. And yes, they both use Focal drivers. Can't we all just get along?
The Soundlab's are a great value, in my opinion they have many of the best capabilities of the group mentioned above, all of which are excellent speakers, and which you would likely be happy owning. They are relatively easy to get good sound out of without taking over your listening area. However in a recent spate of listening done over a two day period to Soundlab’s and the Avantgarde's, the Avantgarde's carried the day clearly, by a significant margin; with a knowledgeable dealer doing the setup, they are amazing..otherwise they can sound pretty mediocre. I have been an Audiophile for 25 years, to date the Avantgarde's are the best I have heard; I am currently saving to buy a pair. Avantgarde Trio's are in the 30k range, and are their best performing model; however the Avantgarde Uno's are amazing for a third of the price, and in my opinion best in many regards, most of the systems you have mentioned...but again, only with expert setup will this be true.
Bioman, considering your posts of the last few months and your Bio, I am totally surprised at your interest in Avantgarde.

Owing to the fact you hail from Central Texas, it would be interesting to know who the dealer was that demonstrated both Soundlab Ultimate ones and Avantgarde.