Speaker Mods?

Hello:anyone knows who makes quality mods for speakers such as changing tweeters and upgrading the crossover?
i currently own a pair of paradigm refernce v-40-2 and while i like the amount of bass it gives the high freq could be a little harsh at moderate levels,i need a speaker about this size and found it difficult to find a small speakers w/the paradigm bottom end at a reasonable price and therefore an upgrade path may be a viable alternative,thanks so much.AL
my system:
sim audio moon i-5
resolution audio transport and dacs.
synergistic res ic and dh labs q-10 speaker wire,i'm looking for a more delicate and refined performance without
sacrificing detail and neutrality.
alfred
There isn't such a thing as tweeter upgrade or any other driver. If you upgrade any driver you'll have to redesign cabinet and crossover together meaning make totally different speaker.

Crossover upgrade should be available only from the manufacturer.
see
http://madisound.com/replace.html

This seems to imply that if you change the tweeter then you'll have to modify the crossover, but that this is a perfectly feasible thing to do with a given cabinet.

You might want to call Madisound and ask their advice. I haven't used them personally, but I see them referred to frequently on hifi boards. I think they'll supply the designs for the modified crossovers based on your information.

Good luck ... be careful !
Just my .02 worth,I have dealt with madisound on a couple different occasions and they are good people to deal with in my experience.If you decide on a tweeter that will mount in your cabinet somewhat hassle free,you can send your drivers and crossover to madisound and they can modify your crossover to suit your tweeter and they can upgrade your crossover as well.Just for the record,one might be suprised what better parts in your crossover will do for your speakers.