Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Mattnshilp then you will need a HIFIMAN 901 with balanced card and the Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog headphones with good cables. It's not a free ride with portable audio.
09-07-14: Charles1dad
How this common fact can be considered sexist or disrespectful is political correctness gone over the edge.

It's OK to joke/be tongue in cheek when it's a comment on your OWN wife, but not acceptable if it's SOMEONE ELSE'S wife. Geez I'm not even married and I get it.
09-08-14: Mattnshilp
Your a strange man AGear.....

Nothing new to report. Hoping I have some time wed to do some listening. I must be crazy. Considering my abject lack of free time, I should just invest in a good pair of ear buds and load up my iPhone and give up....

But I won't!

Unlike Joecasey, there is a method to my madness. If you lived with my wife, you would be in an endless state of jihad too. Did you get my car joke yet?

An iPod with a good set of buds is very pleasing as is ambient music via a Sonos. In my weaker moments, I share the same sentiment....
Mtruong34,
Different perspectives I imagine. You're unmarried, I've been very happily married 27 years. My wife has a wonderful wit and sense of humor and would understand Agear's context and find the comments funny.Agear your wife seems to have a wry sense of humor and gets it. Neither would need well meaning but condescending defense of their gender. They can handle it and dish it out.
Charles,