Sony electrostatic speakers japan only?

Anyone have any info on these sony electrostats, model ss-r10?? apparently these are only sold in japan. i can't get the link below to revert to english. which might be for the best because they look really cool and very expensive. anyone know anything? should i start obsessing or not?

http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/ProductsPark/Models/Current/SS-R10_J_1/
kublakhan
Kublakhan: One of my good friends works for Sony, and we had these conversations before on there high end speakers. His answer which is [facts] from the home office is they don't sell here in the U.S. The high prices turn people away to other brands they are familar with. Then whatever is in stock has to be continually marked down until they sell. Here is Sony's toll free no. 1-800-295-SONY 8:30-6:00 e.s.t. Any more information i'm sure they could help. I hoped this helped you a little, if yes,it was worth it. Good Luck.
landmark, thanks. i'll try calling that sony number. i have a japanese friend who's going to read the link for me and he's got friends in japan...that might be nice. i'll start taking -pre-orders :)
It translates: "We have fooled you once again americans, these are really nothing more than bookends. At one point they were used so that Aibo the dog jumped over them during phase II of is testing."

Actually, I think it just says they play up to 40,000hz, have an efficiency of 80db, gives the physical dimensions, and the usual mumbo jumbo that gets us all excited. There may have been a price in there too, I couldn't tell.
I searched Google for the SS-R10-L/R and found a similar site that had a price of 3 million yen (about $25,000) and what looked like a sale price of 2.4 million yen (about $20,000) I am unclear if that is each or for the pair. If anyone is serious about wanting these my wife works for a Sony dealer and I know their Sony A/V rep. I can ask more questions.....
hey ez, you're right. 80db? those things are going to need 400 watts to drive them. i'm out. thank god.