B W CDM 9 NT versus Nautilus 804

After extensive listening and numerous increases in my speaker budget, I have narrowed my search to one of the above B&W speakers. These speakers will be my first hi-end audiophile purchase. I will have to upgrade components slowly, but figured speakers would be my first big expense. I will use them for 60% music, %40 HT. Music ranges from Mahler to occas. Metallica and everything in between.

My question is this: I have seen the N804's on sale here for around $2500, about the same price as a new CDM 9NT. However, I have not seen many used CDM 9NT's listed. I can afford either pair. Should I step up to the Nautilus line and buy used, or should I stick with a new pair of the 9 NTs? Interested in any advice the more experienced may have.
brewsky
I listen everyday to both speakers at work and for me it's hands down the 804's.Yes more wheight with the 9's but your looking at B&W's because of the midrange anyway so go with one tha does that better.805's with a REL or Vanderteen sub is another option.Of course if you could swing the used 803N's then that would be the way to go.I don't agree with the Stereophile guys all the time but the 803N is the least expensive class restricted LF speaker listed.I've put themup against good competition like the Maggie 3.6 and the Aerial 10T and the kick the crap out of all comers under $8K.I Never really liked the old 804 and 803 matrix as I thought what you lots in imaging over the 805's wasn't worth it especially since one could dial in a good sub and get "the goods".For me in the Matrix line it was the 805 and 802 both of which I owned that were the ticket.But now the 804N's hold their own at a very competitive price point.But hell in for a penny in for a pound.Save up get some good solid state power and the get the 803's (I say this about amp as though the 803N's have 91 db sens they have a nasty impedance swing down to 2 ohms.200 watts of SS or 80-120 of tubes would be min.Of course the 804's need less and could be run 45-60 tube and 100 SS.They have an appetite for current)
Just got a used pair of the 804's for 2700, 6 months old. absolutely wonderful, even with mediocre electronics (NAD monitor series amp and surround receiver).
can't wait to get a good amp and cables, have been drooling over a bryston, but would like to get some other recommendations for these speakers. what would B & W recommmend? tube? only thing is, i don't want to spend more than about 2 grand on amplification at this point.
the matrix 802 series 3 or 2 are awesome like them better than nautilaus series IMO they sound more natural and relaxed but with plenty of detail much like the quads.
Soundwatts: What are you using for electronics? In two recent threads you prefer the matrix to the nautilus. I also have several matrix and several nautilus and I have a definite preference for nautilus. I wonder if it has to do with our other gear, or just our ears. Both are very good speaker lines.