Martin Logan: They finally did it

I have owned a pair of aerius and sl3s the bass was better in the sl3s. Well I was going to buy a pair of revel gems but I decided to give logan one more chance. I sold my sl3s and bought the Ascents wow they finally have a speaker that the bass intagrates with the panel. I compared them to the request and they sound better.(the revels are still better and my first choice but I didnt want to have to buy a sub). I was wondering what other peopl think of the new Martin Logan line? Thanks for your input
lev335
Every speaker with a crossover involved and multiple drivers has a continuity problem. I have a pair of ML Odysseys and a pair of Eggleston Andras in two different systems. They both deliver awesome sound but not in a totally seamless way. Anytime a diver is handing off to another even if they are supposedly matched it is not a seamless exchange . . Try any sub with any speaker and if you can say that is seamless than you cannot hear real well - which may be a blessing. The ML's are not for everyone but their value and awesome delivery of speed particularly with the new series improvements are definitely worth considering and their resale value holds up compared to many high end vendors.
Ligi --- For the over 30 years, I always have believed that my obsession with this hobby was due in part to the pretty good hearing ability I thought I had. Now because of your post I must reevaluate this belief. The integration between the subwoofers on my Vandersteen 5s and the upper drivers appears to be seamless. If my hearing were not defective, as you point out, this would be quite an accomplishment for Richard Vandersteen, because Peter Moncreif has said that the Vandy 5s are as transparent as electrotastics.

I used to own the SoundLab A-1s, and I am not impressed with the inherrent limitations of electrostatics, compared to a multidriver, cone-based system such as the Vandy 5s. However, I now know that my hearing is defective, so my opinion should be disregarded.
Hello Everyone,
This topic is getting more and more interest and I got to speak out for my two pairs of SL-3. I got to say you really need good equipments with Martin Logan Speakers I started off with Marantz MonoBlock (MA 500) now up to EAD PowerMaster 2000. Everytime I made an upgrade on the amp the bass just got more and more tighter and quicker. So during these upgrades I have upgraded my cables and also have improve the speaker performance. What I am trying to say here is, these speaker are great but make sure you are running the very best thing for it. I wish some day soon I will be able to upgrade to a pair Ascents. but in the meantime I really enjoy my Martin Logan Speakers. They are one of the best speakers out there what won't break you wallet.

Bill
Pctower: I listened to the Vandersteen 5's a few weeks ago and must suffer from your hearing anomaly as well. The only problem that I can see is setup since the subs are contained in the same space as the rest of the drivers. The dealer however had done a very nice job of it.
Appreciate your validation. In looking over my previous post, I was harder on electrostatics than I should be. ML has a long-standing, well deserved, high reputation and I have not heard any of the new models. I just get a little upset with posts that contain judgmental, blanket statements about deficiencies in those who do not agree with the post's author.