Martin Logan Don t Rock

I own a pair of Martin Logan SL3 speakers. For vocals they are amazing. For Jazz they are impressive, but for rock they stink. I have decided to look for new speakers which have the clarity and imaging of the Martin Logans, but can play a better variety of music. I am looking to spend $3,000 - $6,000 for a used pair of speakers. My room is fairly large (15'Wide x 30'Deep). I suspect the speakers will have to be fairly large to completely fill the room with sound.

Any suggestions?
cberry
Logans DO rock. You need to try the new Ascent they blow the sl3s away in every aspect I had the sl3s and sold them and bought the ascents. They finally got the base to intergrate with the panel. I listen to dream theater queensryke metallica etc. And it sounds much better on the ascents.
I have to agree with Drubin on the InnerSound Eros. They can sustain higher dB levels than the MLs and sound fabulous. And they will do so with less input power than the MLs because they are more efficient. I've auditioned most of the ML line and never warmed up to any of them. The Eros not only play loud, they make music. Rock on!
Minalt, I agree with you on the sl3's, I did not like them and bought the aerius i's and am very happy with them. Lev335 has the ascents and loves them also, eventually I will try them, but I'm leaning more to cls2 with 2 subs for music. Just have to find the right subs. Maybe the vandy's 2wq or the storm III. Pete
I lived with ReQuests for 3 years. Drove 'em with everything from Levinson ML3 to 333 to Classe M-1000 monoblocks and Levinson 33H. They don't rock.

10t's rock, and classical. 10t's very demanding of what's in front, but very rewarding as well.

Next speakers to go around here: The Logan SL3's I use as rear surrounds. Soon I'll be logan-free, and a happy man!

This is my experience with Logans, yours may vary. If you enjoy them, that's great! This post is not intended to be a Logan flamefest, but my personal experience!

Peace and good listening to all, remember...it's all about the musuc.

Paul