PARADIGM REFERENCE SPEAKERS

ANYONE USING STUDIO 40s,60s,80s or 100s?
WHAT AMPS & PREAMPS ARE GODD WITH THESE SPEAKERS?
I REALLY LIKE THE STUDIO 40s.
I PLAN TO UPGRADE TO SEPARATE COMPONENTS SOON.
johnny7
I have the active 40s. They are dirven by an Antheum AVM2. They are also paired with active center, surrounds and Servo 15 sub. The system is fantastic!!
I have the Studio 80s and Studio 40s in my Home entertainment system. I think they are an excellent value at their pricepoint.If you're looking for a 5 channel amp I would suggest something in the Outlaw 750, ATI 1505 range
I had pair of 60's for a couple of years. I had better luck with good, fairly powerful solid state. I ended up with a small tube amp and it didn't work to well the the Paradigms.
I just recently auditioned the 80s and 100s. Both are great speakers. The 80s, to me, sounded warmer, but at some points also seemed sloooowww. The 100s on the other hand, while seemingly more open, with some songs tended towards the bright side. Ultimately, for me, had I the choice between the two I would have taken the 80s, but my room size and amplification has a lot to do with that choice, as it should with you. The bass on both is equal to that of speakers I've since heard in double the price range.
I don't know your musical preferences or financial flexibility, but my strongest recoomendation is to really listen to more speakers, from different manufacturers. Once you've made your choice, go out and listen again! Seriously, by then you'll know what you like and dislike. And if you find you like something more expensive than Paradigms look on the used market and be patient. Good Luck
Oh yeah, amplification too! Mostly, I've heard them driven by Rotel equipment. Now I don't know enough about all the dynamics involved in amplifiers. I know you put this plug here and that wire there and what MY ears like. That being said, I liked them best when heard with Rotel amps.