My Mark Levinson system help

I own a 335 a 38 a theta miles & a pair of martin logan sl3s. I want to buy the 39 would my system sound better running the 39 direct into the 335. Or should I keep the 38 with the 39. Email me with any input thanks [email protected] I think the 39 direct is the way to go..
lev335
39 is kinda "long in the tooth" as it was introduced in '96.
Lots of better players out there but you won't listen.
Levinson is good but it's not the end of the world.
Sony SCD777ES and SCD1 sound better on redbook, never mind the SACD capability. Goldmund 39xx will slaughter the Lev39.
Wadia 850 and up will also do it in. BAT VKD5 or VKD5SE will also better it.

Paul

Paul
Hi,

I currently own a ML335, ML380S, RA55, Dunlavy SCIV, PS Audio 600 in the same system. I had a ML332, and tried a ML38, ML38S before the ML380S. I have run the RA 55 directly into the ML332 and ML335 as well as through each of the pre-amps.

I found that the RA55 loses detail and dynamics without the preamp. I thought the ML38 was worthless in the system. I bought it to upgrade to the ML380S($2650).
Running the CD thought the ML38 was worse than nothing. The ML38S was slightly better and the ML380S was clearly better.

The real issue appears to be the voltage output of the 39 which I believe is 5 volts vs 16 volts for the 380S.

I was hoping I wouldn't like the ML380S because I figured I save $4000+ by reselling it. Didn't work out as planned.

Good luck.

Bill Eichengrun
Thank you for the input. I disagree with paul the wadia gear is good but not as sweet sounding as the 39. The sony doesnt even compare to the levinson it sounds great when you put a sacd in but when you put a regular cd in its a sony.come on thats a no brainer. as far as the goldmund I never tried but I hear the levinson is better. MY QUESTION IS WILL MY SYSTEM SOUND BETTER WITH JUST THE 39 OR SHOULD I RUN THE 39 DIRECT????? From what I understand is once you own the 39 you are at the point of diminishing returns. Adn I hear the 39 is much better than my Theta Miles? Is it??