Room or Speaker what s more important?

Most agree that these are the two most important part of the system (except of course the music) which do you think plays a larger role in the over all sound of the system?
tireguy
Slow thinker that I am;I have finally been able to elaborate. I guess in my minds eye,I was thinking "system" and responding to "speakers". Ok, I guess my "Rad.- Shack" system is = to "metal room";as examples of what we're NOT talking about.Also,we're not talking about speakers placed with their fronts to the wall,or any other such nonsense.Deep and wide soundstage created by lesser components is not as satisfying as the "not-so-deep and wide" SOUND from quality components. ???Those of us relegated to L-shpped rooms are painfully aware of what we don't have...And what we do have.
The speakers are the most important. You give me any room, except a closet, and with the right speakers and room treatment I can give you musical sound. But many, many speakers out there will never sound musical no matter what room you put them in, or what you do to the room. Think about it - do we judge whether or not a live piano or acoustic guitar or human voice sounds convincing by the room it is in?? Of course not! The question never even enters our minds.
Duke, a couple of those honking SoundLabs in a closet could be a very interesting proposition. Kind of Stax to the nnnnnth degree. Add floation for the sensory deprivation effect and we'd really have something. ;-)