Best speaker a wife would tolerate

I HAVE TO HEAR GOOD SOUNDING EQUIPTMENT. MY WIFE JUST TOURTURES ME AND MY GEAR.
WHAT CAN A POOR BOY DO ? SOMETHING SMALLER WITH A SUBWOOFER . HELP BEFORE
THE FENG SHUI LADY SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR
128x128fleone
My wife hates any speaker that requires a wire attached and has to be placed away from the wall. You will have to hide the speakers completely , put them in the wall or choose something tiny and cute to satisfy this type of woman. If you are into sound you just have to take a stand. Claim a room and set up your system properly. Just don't try to claim the living room ! Since media rooms are in vogue you might also suggest that. If you don't have any "spare rooms" buy a pair of good monitors with stands and move them to your living room after the wife goes to bed. They can be kept in a hall or closet when not in use.
My wife made me use some very expensive B&W in-wall speakers until I brought the B&W CDM-1SE minimonitors home. They sound fabulous and look great in the cherry finish. One of Sam Tellig's (Stereophile) favorite speakers. They've just been discontinued for a Nautilus version and cost $600-800 used, a steal. I recommend the Vandersteen 2W (used) or 2Wq (new) as the sub over a B&W sub.
B&W 802 Nautilus - people either love em or hate em. Fortunately my wife loves the look and we both love the sound.
Not to be a pain but, I try to do it the other way. I find the speakers that I like and then find a wife that will tolerate, did I mention I am still single heheheh!
My Wife loves my B&W N-802's.. I just worry that if she ever leaves me, she'll take my speakers!! Doh!