jm labs MEZZO UTOPIA,comments.

HOW good are these speakers,the build and detail seem of extremely high quality.How about sonically?
jetmech575df4
i use the mezzos with cj's premier 12 amps and a wadia 850 directly into the amps. i absoluetly love them. they handle all kinds of music well and particularly love femal vocals and anything acoustic/unplugged (or, maybe that's just me?). bass is firm, mids are wonderfully life-like and highs are crisp and sharp (but not at all etched; very fluid and natural sounding). their set up in my last apartment was less than optimal, nevertheless, i was really happy with their imaging and the depth of their soundstage. the build quality is excellent as is their customer support. (i e-mailed a question back to france and had a pretty detailed reply within about a week.) take a look at audioreview.com--there are about 8-10 reviews, most positive. if i recall correctly, the negative reviews related to pricing. before i purchased mine, i compared them with a bunch of others, including jm lab's electra 920, wilson's watt/puppy 6, revel's salon, eggy's rosa and audio physics' virgo. all of that said, i've heard they also sing when run by hybrids, but i have no idea how they pair with ss amps. feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you'd like further detail. good luck.
I heard them in The Inner Report room at a recent show.Not impressed at all.I heard some Tetra Listening Instruments with simalar front end and amps at the same show and also some Proacs with same Front end and amps both were more musical than the Mezzo. I feel there is much more value for your $ in other speakers.
I'm with Tml2. Like the other utopia series, they're very exaggerated on pricewise. Because of their box design, the're not capable of producing dept and soundstage properly. Listen very carefully before deciding to purchase