What does everyone think of shahinian?

I have heard these speakers (the ARCs) and i thought they were quiet impressive. But i have never heard anyone here talk about them. whys that?
shabbadoo
While i have never heard them, his designs are relatively unique and interesting. Others that i know and trust have spoken very highly of them. As Curtaudio said in his post, i think that the Shahinian's are more for the music lover than the "gear & gadget'ophile" type of person. Sean >
Get a subscription to the Absolute Sound. John Mark's has been praising the Shahinian speakers for the past year as one of the great high end bargains.
I met Dick many years ago, and he not only loves music, but can tweak with the best of the speaker designers. You've got to listen to his wares to see whether they float your boat.
I have the Shahinian Super Elfs. After a break-in period of about 200 hours, the sound was superb. Musical, detailed, not fatiguing...super value for $850. I would pay twice that for what I received. They are really really excellent! Since then, I've heard other members of the Shahinian family...I have no hesitation recommending the Super Elf or any of the other speakers to music lovers.
I had a pair of the super elfs too. Personally I found them to be a bit bright & fatiguing. I was driving them with S.S. Perhaps a lush sounding single ended Triode tube amp would have been a better mate. They are certainly efficient enough for a low powered tube amp. Something you don't find in many monitors. They had reasonable bass too for their size. Richard is a good guy. He doesn't believe in a lot of hype or advertising. In fact he doesn't even put the Shahinian name on his speakers. Oddly not much of his product is sold in the states, mostly Japan.