Martin Logan SL-3 positioning

I knew these speakers were difficult to position when I bought them. Does anyone have any suggestions for set up (read tricks)? I live in an apartment right now so the room is limited but I want toget the most out of the speaker I can.
wsmatau
I have been playing with the positioning of my SL3's off and on during the four years I have had them.In my room they sound the best when well away from the side walls and further out into the room than one might expect.The best placement may ignite a skirmish with ones significant others'aesthetic sensibilities if your rig is in the living room as mine is.I missed her in the beginning.Do you still have the booklet from M-L that came with the speakers ? In it they suggest "the ultimate tweak" for placement.When I rearranged the living room furniture and positioned my speakers using their equation the results were very impressive.I did loose some bass,but the bass I ended up with was fast and tight without any hint of being boomy. Overall the sound was clearer and less confused.I would suggest at least trying it on a temporary basis to hear what you may have been missing.These speakers have the potential to be very stunning with a little effort.Let me know if you don't have the instructions and I will find the equation and send it to you.Feel free to email me if you would like to compare notes further.
3truck, I think that equation is probably what I have been missing. I bought the speakers used and didn't get the instruction manual. If you could help I would appreciate it.
The manual is online at ML - http://www.martinlogan.com/product_archive_resources.html#sl3