WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)and Speakers

How important is the fabric on speakers to their sound? If I changed the covers of my speakers to a more decorative fabric to please my girlfriend, would that really be a big deal? Obviously, I wouldn't cover them with wool blankets, but would, for example, a light silk really sound that much different than whatever the manufacturers use? Given that many audiophiles think that the shape of their AC cords dramatically affect the sound, it is interesting that no one seems to discuss this topic. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
cwlondon
Some Manufacturers are designing speakers to be used with the covers. I wander why it's taken them this long to figure this out.
One thing to keep in mind is your speakers will have no resale value with this modifacation. As far as effect on sound I think you will most likely make it worse than stock grill cloth.......unless these are cheap disposable speakers I would be very careful and check with speaker manf.
My B&W P5 Speakers sound better to me with the grills on. System matching may matter here, don't know.
Hi Dekay, do you know if one get this 'Liberty of London' paisley-patterned cloth from within the USA? Thanks.
Ekmaia: No, sorry I don't. I would assume that the fabrics that they use are made exclusively for their ties. I own five of their paisley ties, because I like the fabric, which is why this particular company came to mind when making my little joke. I do not even know if the ties are available in the US for that matter. The ones that I have all came from the UK. Since I am already in the process of boring everyone to tears I may as well add that I first became aware of the clothing shop from an old "spy spoof" movie from the 60's, starring the same actor that starred in "The Time Machine," that featured the shop when selecting a wardrobe for the reluctant spy in training. Rod somebody, I think.