speaker upgrade

It is time to upgrade my speakers. I am currently using Audio Physic Virgos. I am impressed with the speed and detail. They even have decent bass after I learned how to drive them properly. The current choice is an upgrade to Audio Physic Calderas, but before I spend that much money, I am looking for other suggestions. I have auditioned and rejected Hales Transcendance, Dunlavy Mark 4A, and Martin Logan Monoliths. The system is an upgraded McCormick DNA-1 amp, Placette full active preamp, Audio Research CDT-1 and DAC3 Mark II. Power cables and interconnects have been upgraded. Budget is $12k. Any suggestions, picks or pans?
pschall
I have a recommendation: go listen to the Talon Audio Khorus. Let me know what you think.
PBN MONTANAS,incredible dynamics but yet very detailed and refined.the eps and xp models are in your range.good luck.
Have a listen to a pair of Tannoy System 15 DMT II. Strap them onto a base made of 6 concrete cinder blocks with chains at the bottom and heavy duty bungy cord from the top. They list at around $6K. Only problem is that they're not sold in hifi shops, only in pro audio stores. For the ultimate, try Tannoy Westminister Royals which occasionally appear used within your price range. My choice if I had no budget restraints. Of course, these belong to the high-sensitivity, horn-loaded, coaxial tradition of speaker design and aren't for everybody. But I know more than one audiophile who got rid of his subwoofered Quad ESLs to make room for the big dual concentrics. Just a thought. Enjoy your choice; I can't think of a more pleasing task to undertake.
i'd check out the avantgarde duo's, sometimes awailable used , at or below your price-range (for their latest wersion; the earlier wersion is even less $$$). as this speaker is outta my price-range, i am going to get a custom-tweeked pair of the newform research 645r's - check out their www, & the reviews on audioreview. especially interesting on the audioreview comments are the associated equipment used (not yust the speakers). doug