Avantgarde Uno Loudspeakers: Comments?

Hi, Has anyone here tried the above speakers ? any comments someone can make? is it really that good compared to other ordinary box speakers? Thanks,
johnysy17be
Thanks for the update Sedond. I will try to get a copy of it. I am interested in these speakers because the vast majority of owners like them and because of their high efficiency. Definite worth checking out.
They are absolutely worth giving them an extended, and open minded evaluation. I recently auditioned a pair of Duo's using 3 different amplifier sources. They do things that no other speaker can do in my experience. They have immediacy, incredible dynamics, minute detail, and an effortless presentation of music at lifelike spl's. However, they are definitely colored - in a minor way - in that they do sound like the music is coming out of a megaphone. But, this slight coloration can be gotten used to by many. If so, the rewards are worth it. For me, I can't get past this slight honky-ness.
while i usually agree w/what cornfedboy has to say, in the case of the avantgardes' sound, i have to respectfully disagree w/him this time. i heard the earlier wersion of the duos, and if they were in my budget, they'd be prime contenders, even if i *do* think they're eyesores. *this* point, i *do* agree w/the iowa-lad... ;~)
Good point Sedond. Buying a new pair of speakers is definitely not in my budget at this time. Considering their dynamic range the Avantgardes would not be a good choice for an apartment dweller such as me. Hope to change this some day. Fifteen dollar an ounce silver will help a lot. Will also keep Cornfed's and Audiojerry's comment in mind if I get a chance to audition them.
7p62mm, i *am* considering gnu speeks - yust something a bit more reasonably-priced, if yust as ugly, in a different way! :>) check out the reviews on audioreview for the newform research r645's. i suspect these mite be giant-killers... i *hope* so, anyways! ;~)

regards, doug