Talon Loudspeakers

Has anybody heard the Talon loudspeakers? Any thoughts? Especially the Talon Peregrine speakers ($6,000). Thanks.
128x128elb
carl, have ewe heard the accuton ceramic drivers? i haven't, but want to - lotsa folks say this is the best midrange driver ever. these are the drivers used in speakers like the kharmas. specs on the accuton drivers indicate they are ~20 times faster than any other conwentional dynamic driver. doug
Glreno-- Boy can I relate to what you are going thru. I have the Khorus' and the VR6's. I was planning to sell whichever. The thought of putting the 6's back into my main system crosses my mind every day. The only problem is that the Khorus' sound better and better each time I listen. I was so dissappointed in the mids from the Talon's at first, convinced that I had been spoiled by the VR6's. But the Khorus' did so many things great right out of the box that I amm doing as suggested and giving them 500 hrs to break in fully. I am at about 200 hrs now as is Philefreak. These speakers are really getting so good. The improvement in the mids seems to be constantly happening. They have not yet surpassed the VR6's but if they are this good now they desrve the full 500hrs. I have seen such a change in the raggedness of the mids that started out. I have spoken to several others about this speaker and to a person they all say these speakers get beyond fabulous. I have spoken to reviewers that are in the process of reviewing these that have said the same thing. Enjoy them getting better and beteer
Acuujim and Philfreak: Are you guys playing them loud? According to the designer, the surrounds of the Scanspeak midrange are an accordian type. He has been using this driver for 8 years, and knew that break-in was a very long time before they sounded good. On the other hand, they'll last forever. I have been playing them for 24 hours for a couple of weeks now at low volume to wear-in the crossover electronics, but haven't figured out how I'm going to break-in the drivers at higher volumes without driving everyone crazy. I once read a Stereophile article that suggested facing the speakers towards each other so that the drivers fired into each other. This supposedly causes them to break in faster. Right now, they sound constricted, murky, and have a midrange glare at high volumes. When I talked to the designer, he told ME what I was hearing, so I know he knows what he's talking about. On the other hand, this speaker is very fast, detailed, and images like crazy. My buddy just bought a pair also. He auditioned them at Jeff Rowland's place. He described them as "stunning", and sold his ESP Concert Grands for them. Rowland told him that the crossover in this speaker was the best he had ever seen. My buddy is breaking his in now. This probably should be done at the factory to some extent to avoid all the uncertainty of new owners during break-in. Thanks for the comments. I'll let you know how it goes.
I only play mine loud during the day, At night while we're as sleep they play low.In the manual(which I'm sure you've read a million times) it says not to use any breaking in tweaks with the acception of loud,harmonic rich music.