Getting Into PC Audio and Need Help

I have a full blown 2 channel audio system, but I want to dive into PC Audio and have no idea what I'm doing but I think I have most of what I need, and am on the right track... I still need help though.

I have copied my cd collection onto my home PC (Dell Computer) with Windows Media 10 in Lossless format.

I have an Esoteric D-03 DAC already. Here is info on this dac:

http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esoteric/d03/indexe.html

What is the best way to connect my PC to Esoteric D-03 DAC? Do I need a seperate clock? The D-05 has a word clock input and a word clock output feature, so I'm not sure if I could use it's internal clock. Please explain what addional components (if any) I need, along with cables. Please also explain connections.
roor
It's a shame that you already ripped your CD's using Windows tools. The better choice would have been dbpoweramp with Accurate Rip enabled. Try the free download and compare the same track. I re-ripped all of my CD's, even when I used EAC to start with.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Audioengr:

Thanks! I'll try it, Steve. I will probably reripp everything as well. I would like to talk this week about an offramp3.
The Weiss INT202 provides some great results if you have a FireWire interface. I do not think the Esoteric "iLink" allows a standard FireWire connection. I think it's dedicated to Esoteric's own transports, but I could be wrong. Again, for as much money as you have invested in the Esoteric, you should have a look at their solutions first.
I spoke with Esoteric and they recommend using a coxial digital output from my PC.

I just purchased two Glyph 2T (2000GB) hard drives for storing my music and a back up. These have firewire 400, firewire 800 and usb 2.0 outputs. The Glyph's are connected to my Dell PC via the Firewire 800 cables for super fast data transfer.

Question: How do I connect my Hard drives to my Esoteric D-03 DAC? Should I get a usb to s/pdif converter or is there something better for this application? Should I be using usb to s/pdif converter and if so....what high end ones do you recommend, or are there firewire to s/pdif coverters out there?

What type of converter do you recommend in between my PC/Glyh's and my Esoteric D-03 DAC?

Thanks in advance!