B&W 802 seriesIII-effect of Northcreek cross overs

my 802's are a pleasant part of my life[audio&non-audio]. i'm not competent do re-do the cross-overs myself and the right side of my brain can't imagine spending $1600+ to upgrade 10 year old speakers w/ drivers from two generations ago. the left side of my brain
loves the sound, but also yearns for greater neutrality and greater sound staging detail.
ARE THERE alternatives to the northcreeks or good solid
modifications that qualified folks could perform on my 802's
cross/overs or other worthwhile tweaks???????or must i really look for replacements?
sony777es-kimber select silv/copper rca to xlr-passx2-harmonic techpro-silII xlr
pass aleph1.2-an assortment of speakercables-to b&w802serIII
love acoustic jazz, chamber to large scale classical and i must have my rockn' roll & r&b---really the full range of music. not open to spending over $4000. on speakers
suggestions??????? i'm in miami, fl 33133 usa
Ag insider logo xs@2xbob52r
hi,north creek do have a return option if you are not happy, I have the same speakers, i received a few emails from other people that are pleased with the option,good luck,let me know what you think if you buy a pair.alan
I had a pair of 802 111's and like you, loved the sound, but wanted a little more detail and spaciousness. I applied Combak Harmonix Tuning Devices to the front cabinets and viola! Series 5! The ABSOLUTE BEST tweak I'd ever heard besides ASC tube traps.
I have the 802 III's with Northcreek crossovers. The sound of the speaker improved at least 35%. The congestion is gone; the sound is cleaner, more extended, more dynamic, better bass. It's true that $1600 is a lot for a pair of speakers worth $2000 on the used market. It's too bad you don't see the Northcreek crossovers on the used market, but I guess those that buy them, keep them.