Funky/fusion jazz with heavy base emphasis....

Happy 03 audiogoners...looking for stripped down, bass dominant jazz/percussion sounds...with little to no trumphets,sax,piano,etc...real funky/fusion type of groove...any thoughts...Bitches Brew is cool...but looking for something more straight forward...less pyschedelic...also...good recording a plus
128x128phasecorrect
Also...Beastie Boys import only jazz instrumentals.."in sounds from the way out"...pricy and hard to find...but well worth the effort...if you like funky,groove jams...
The following are in addition to the great funky bass playa's mentioned above.

Marcus Miller - The Sun Don't Lie &/ M2
Jimmy Haslip - Red Heat
Braxton Bros. - Steppin' Out &/ Now & Forever
Abraham Laboriel - Dear Friends &/ Guidum
Michael Manson - The Bottom Line
Chuck Smith - Bassically Bass
Zachary Breaux - Uptown Groove
Max Bennett - Great Expectations &/ Private Reserve &/ People & Places
The following are in addition to the great funky bass playa's mentioned above.

Marcus Miller - The Sun Don't Lie &/ M2
Jimmy Haslip - Red Heat
Braxton Bros. - Steppin' Out &/ Now & Forever
Abraham Laboriel - Dear Friends &/ Guidum
Michael Manson - The Bottom Line
Chuck Smith - Bassically Bass
Zachary Breaux - Uptown Groove
Max Bennett - Great Expectations &/ Private Reserve &/ People & Places
Marakanetz, sorry I spelled your name wrong if you notice above...BTW if you are still following this post could you recommend some Pekka Pohjola records? I only have "Consequences of Indecisions" w/Oldfield and Moerlin (great lp).
Benthar, I would realy recommend to grab ANYTHING where you see Pohjola or Moerlen. His albums are realy difficult to remember how to spell since many of them weren't ever printed in US or for US and they're on Finnish or Norwegian. US issues are "Space Waltz" and "Urban Tango" that are certainly less rare than the rest of european issues and certainly cheaper. The european issues are $$$!