Are CD clubs a good deal?

I have never joined a CD/Record club. Anyone belong to one and is there a catch?
klhender
Yes, BMG is great. I started with their classical LP club in college back when they called it the "International Preview Society".

To get me to switch to the CD club when they were phasing out LP's they offered me 2 free CD's per year for life, as long as I remained a member in good standing. It has been over 13 years since then, and I still get my 2 free CD's from them every year. (My choice of any 2 regular single disc CD's)
They used to be, before the days of the internet. Now, you are induced to join by the free offerings, that you must choose from their list. Yes, it's cheaper than buying them from a store, but you are limited in your selection by what they offer at any given time. Also, the shipping is downright theft. Buy 10 cd's, you get charged $20. Check what it actually costs to send 10 cd's all at once. Just IMHO
BMG is a nice club

but stay away from Columbia House
there you must buy 4 disc, not 1 or 2 and they have a shorter fuse on those selections of the month
I plan on enrolling in BMG, but the last time I went online to make my selections I was really dissapointed with the interface. It was very poorly organized for exploring. I'll have to check to see if it's improved at all.