Help adding Vcaps to Jolida JD100 CD player

Hi,

I've soldered and done basic stuff like that, and have a basic understanding of electronics. What I would like to do is to add V-caps to a Jolida JD100 CD player. What would I need to buy, and what would I need to remove/add to do this modification? If someone could post instructions, it would help me, and probably others with this excellent CD player! Thanks.

- Tony
thwang99
Hi,

I currently own Jolida Modified by Parts Connection .. actually not a lot difference between Stock and modified but the tubes and PC changes the sound a lot (for good).

Other point is the previously I tried modifying Samsung DVD player .. initially I thought I did a great job but over the period I realized actually modification made it worst. If you are good at doing DIY and you know what are you doing please go ahead with the modification otherwise I will advice not to do it .. and spend that money on better tubes and PC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Milind
Hi Tony,

I would very much agree with Milind here...I have compared the Level 1 and 2 Parts Conn Mod side by side with the stock player. Your gaining a little more dynamics with the mod 1 but loosing a fair amount of midrange bloom and texture that makes the stock player so good. With the Level 2 it really makes the player sound more SS in nature, but gives fantastic dynamics on par with some of the really hi end players. You will definately loose the magic mids though.This will be your call suited to taste, so you definately want to hear it before you mod if poss. The addition of V caps only will change your sound for sure. so its up to you.

I would suggest the tube change that you emailed me about( Ei Yogo Gray Plate ECC-83..(.NOT the Elites or non- gray plate tubes)) and a power cord upgrade to something like a Electraglide Mini Khan Plus or Ultra Khan Rev Statement if you can swing it. Good luck! Ken
Thwang99, So your assumption is that the Jolida CDP in stock form is somehow inferior and needs your intervention.

Why change its sound? You haven't even convinced anyone that this is needed, instead it sounds likt all you want to do is justify getting the soldering iron out. Why not then build circuits from scratch and make something original?

Do not mod that great player. You will not improve the performance but just end up altering the sonic character. And I guarantee you will ultimately regret it.

The caps used as stock are very high quality and, hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Do some tube rolling and power cord swapping instead, the Eis are a great suggestion by Kehut. Just becuase it can be done and there are those out there selling these mods for exhorbitant prices doesn't mean it should be done.

Jolida makes great stuff as is for excellent prices. And no I do not work for them but just own both a stock JD100 and JD302B intergrated.