Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
Hey, Rgd, you really nailed that obscure lyric!! "No flies on you!" (as one of my Aussie friends is fond of saying).

However, Colitas' explanation did pique my curiosity, never having been quite sure of exactly what the lyric was, nor what it meant, for that matter.

A little checking turned up this illuminating explanation courtesy of Cecil of "The Straight Dope."

Colitas is little tails, but here the author is referring to 'colas,' the tip of a marijuana branch, where it is more potent and with more sap (said to be the best part of the leaves)." We knew with an instant shock of certainty that this was the correct interpretation. The Eagles, with the prescience given only to true artists, were touting the virtues of high-quality industrial hemp! And to think some people thought this song was about drugs.

For the full story see The Straight Dope which also references that great misheard Beatles lyric: "The girl with colitis goes by."
My name is Ron, My Parents gave me the name Roni. Back in the 80's while at work, I would always have the Radio or a tape playing. Someone gave me the nickname Rock"n"Ronnie, and it stuck.