TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin
Thanks a lot, Lkdog. for taking time to explain in details.

The "house sound" you described (with analogy to analogue playback) seems to be something I've been seeking and would appreciate.
Twu2-

Well, a very respected professional reviewer had a fellow audio afficiando walk into his listening room when he had the 595 playing and this friend promptly said something like "hey, did you get a new turntable?".
It does seem to have that character.
Paul Weitzel did comment to me via email that he feels it does address the longstanding analog vs. digital argument and that digital done well can sound as good as great analog.
I think he has done a great job on that account. Good LP's and good CD's provide me a similar enjoyable listening experience now.
Hope all works out for you in your exploring options.
I have a C2000ES for 3 months as a backup for the ailing 777ES, and I have had a couple of correspondences with Paul. I have informed Paul that I will send the unit to him in one of these days. Analogue playback is still my main source, so it's good to know what kind of change or improvement in sonic performance that potential mod would bring to the digital playback. Thanks again.
Yes, I have heard he has done several of the 2000ES models with great success. As an ES model they would have a better build quality in certain areas.

It is subjective and system dependent in many ways to describe any audio source unit (or any piece of audio gear) so I am always hesitant to make any extreme claims, especially since I do not have access to a lot of gear like a pro reviewer might. There are certainly many fine digital sources out there.

This could be a very enjoyable unit for you (and I do think most people), and I will not qualify it by syaing "for the money".
It is just plain very, very good. Now, whether it meets someone's specific system needs and ideals-well you almost have to try it I guess.
I do know that there are some very experienced people who have the 777ES and like the TRL mod better.
Good Luck!

I am not surprised by the superiority of a TRL-595/C2000ES to a stock 777ES, as I have been told. Since I still have this ailing 777ES, I cannot help but wondering how much better this TRL mod can bring to it. It is unfortunate that I could not find any comments anywhere regarding a TRL-777ES (if there is such thing).
Good listening!