TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin

Showing 4 responses by twu2

Hi Lkdog,

I am glad that you brought up the "house" voicings/sound issue. Would you elaborate more on the house sound of TRL unit and, better yet, possible comparison with other modders if you had prior experience. I believe that will be helpful for us to know what to expect or how that's going to work (synergistically) in our systems. Thanks.
Thanks a lot, Lkdog. for taking time to explain in details.

The "house sound" you described (with analogy to analogue playback) seems to be something I've been seeking and would appreciate.
I have a C2000ES for 3 months as a backup for the ailing 777ES, and I have had a couple of correspondences with Paul. I have informed Paul that I will send the unit to him in one of these days. Analogue playback is still my main source, so it's good to know what kind of change or improvement in sonic performance that potential mod would bring to the digital playback. Thanks again.
I am not surprised by the superiority of a TRL-595/C2000ES to a stock 777ES, as I have been told. Since I still have this ailing 777ES, I cannot help but wondering how much better this TRL mod can bring to it. It is unfortunate that I could not find any comments anywhere regarding a TRL-777ES (if there is such thing).
Good listening!