Mark Levinson 390S or Resolution Audio Opus 21

I know their is a big price difference, but has anyone done a shoot out between these two?
128x128travelstead
I owned both for over a year, the 390S in my primary system and the Opus in a second system. I could not justify keeping two such expensive players so I sold one. I kept the 390S. While the Opus 21 is very good, the 390S is clearly superior in an A B comparison. Whether or not it's worth twice as much as the Opus, that's a question you need to answer. For me, it was.
Don't know Resolution Opus.I own MLevinson 37/36s.From the ML stable also consider this.31.5/31 with 30.6/30.5/360s.Look for it used,otherwise way to expensive.Even 31.5/31 with 36/36s should be a very serious CD playback system.
I bought my 37/36s used.Well worth considering to buy used-huge savings but need to be patient.
Use Madrigal MBC 1 AES/EBU between 37and 36s.
Also Audio Aero Capitole MK2 worth considering.
Good Luck
Blue Bull
Resolution Opus 21 tested in this months Hi Fi News(UK).So so review.Check it out,good luck
Blueball, Are you referrring to the HiFi News July review of the RA Opus 21 system? If so, they loved it. They admit it's not for everyone because of it's single system configuration and both components show their best when used together, but they thought the amp was a "jewel" and is "one of the world's finest" for its price and in combination with the Opus 21 CDP. The CD player received a "strong recommendation in its own right." But I'm not just quoting others here; I own this system and I thoroughly enjoy it! The Opus 21 is a highly musical CDP IMO, very involving indeed. I've owned it for nearly two years, the s30 amp for about 4 months. You can also read an in-depth review of the Opus 21 on 6moons.com. But having said all that, from what I understand, the ML will have a more detailed, authoritative sound.

Good luck with your decision, You probably won't go wrong either way.
Budrew
No not the July test,but the November 2004 test by Christopher Breuning.So so Review.Check it out.
Liked it more when using Meridian 508.20 dig out and felt that the AVI Lab series int outperformed the s30.
The advantage of buying MLevinson used is that when you sell it one day you get most of your money back,if not all.They seldom go out of fashion.Come to think of it ,I may get more for my 37 and 36s than I payed for it,but I really dont want to .Good CD Player.
Blue Bull