Mark Levinson 390S or Resolution Audio Opus 21

I know their is a big price difference, but has anyone done a shoot out between these two?
128x128travelstead

Showing 4 responses by bluebull

Don't know Resolution Opus.I own MLevinson 37/36s.From the ML stable also consider this.31.5/31 with 30.6/30.5/360s.Look for it used,otherwise way to expensive.Even 31.5/31 with 36/36s should be a very serious CD playback system.
I bought my 37/36s used.Well worth considering to buy used-huge savings but need to be patient.
Use Madrigal MBC 1 AES/EBU between 37and 36s.
Also Audio Aero Capitole MK2 worth considering.
Good Luck
Blue Bull
Resolution Opus 21 tested in this months Hi Fi News(UK).So so review.Check it out,good luck
Budrew
No not the July test,but the November 2004 test by Christopher Breuning.So so Review.Check it out.
Liked it more when using Meridian 508.20 dig out and felt that the AVI Lab series int outperformed the s30.
The advantage of buying MLevinson used is that when you sell it one day you get most of your money back,if not all.They seldom go out of fashion.Come to think of it ,I may get more for my 37 and 36s than I payed for it,but I really dont want to .Good CD Player.
Blue Bull
Dave
ML 37 transport in for repairs.Now listening to very cheap Sony DVD player as CD source,sounds very nice!!Does make one wonder sometimes...........
Chris