Linn Ikemi still viable at 4k

Hello fellow audiogoners, wondering if the Ikemi is
still a contender in the 3/4thousand price range. I am contemplating the purchase of a demo, but not sure it
competes with the newer technologies. I cannot compare to anything else as there is no chance of demoing at home. I would appreciate your thoughts.
thanks
cody
Cody-my own personal take is if you listen to a wide range of music you could do well with the Ayre CX-7-I auditioned this against the Ikemi and found it superior especially with heavier music.
The key issue with the Ikemi is vibration management: its chassis is woefully underdesigned. I cannot emphasise this enough and cite Ben's response as supporting evidence (the deteriation of playback quality with "heavier music").

However, if you are willing to manage vibration properly, you'll have arguably the finest Redbook playback available at that price point. I have compared the Ikemi to its peer group and, well, I still have the Ikemi. I've even had the opportunity to compare it to the CD12 and must say it holds its own at a fraction of the price (after a certain point, you slam hard against the limitations of the Redbook format).

One more note: if you decide to purchase an Ikemi from other than from a Linn authorized dealer, know the warantee does *not* transfer.

Best,
I only lived with a Linn Genki for about 10 months. It had a lot of details, with great extended highs and solid extended bass. However, I found it a little grey sounding and happily stepped down to my old Rega Planet, which I find much more musical. I hope the Ikemi is more musical and more involving than the Genki (which it supposedly is).

Another note on the Linn warranty: Even if you buy a demo from a authorized Linn dealer, Linn will subtract the time that the dealer had it as a demo. The warranty is usually valid from the day the Linn dealer obtained from Linn for demo purposes (most Linn dealers don't even no about this). If in doubt about warranty call the Linn help line with the serial number of the unit.
I have had my Ikemi for about 2 years now and love it. I recently took it a local audio shop to compare it with the Ecsoterc DV50 playing at full up-sample and the Escoteric then could be a contender with the Ikemi. But it took upsampleing at 700 give or take. I am not a fan of upsampling and probably would not but the Escoteric as redbook player. I feel if it has to upsample to be as good the Ikemi must be doing a better job of reading the disc in the first place. I also recently tried the Ikemi and the new Linn Unidisk SC in an A-B comaprison and in about 30 seconds both the dealer and I shouted "The Ikemi's better" now the Unidisk 1.1 definetly sounds better but it lists at 11000.00...it should.
Well, if Theo has compared the Esoteric and liked it better at "upsampling", then the Esoteric should get the nod. One, the upsampling can go higher, 2)it's a top notch DVD player 3)it's a first class DVD-Audio player, and 4) it's a killer SACD player.

If you're spending 4k, the DV50 (used) is a must audition.

If you have a all Linn system already, the Ikemi is a great match. But the Esoteric still get's the nod...