Have you heard the new Zanden digital gear?

What was your impression? I've read reviews and manufacturer statements. All seem to make sense, optimizing 16/44 without trying to turn it into something else. Also tube output. The reviews seem quite positive but I'd like to hear some real world opinions.
128x128rja
Dependability is not an issue. Unless I don't understand the question? I change the tubes myself, simply open it up and swap them out. The low output voltage doesn't make a difference in my system, but then again, I have a pre-amp. Perhaps the low output voltage would be a concern to those who use passive volume controls.

In summary, I have no regrets at all, the Zanden makes my CDs sound better than I have ever heard before. Last xmas I was looking at vinyl rigs and heard some very $$$ setups (those outrages setups > $50k). Do they sound good, of course, but now, I really don't have a desire to get into vinyl because I don't have a vinyl collection to begin with. I did the silly thing of trading all my vinly in for CDs back in the early 80s. Bad mistake. I seem to learn the hard way...:)

Regardless, if you're interested in the Zanden, then do your best to try to hear one, its well worth the effort. Unless you want to take a risk and buy one sight unseen - which is what I did. :)

My short list came down to 2 dacs: Zanden and EMM DCC2. My reasoning was that I love tubes and there was a used Zanden listed on here, so I grabbed it. Maybe I've transitioned over to a hard core tube lover. :O

Good luck with your journey!
I just received my new Zanden 5000 Signature with the outboard power supply and all I can say is it's performance is staggering. Bear in mind you'll have to pair this with a top notch transport to truly enjoy the Zanden's full capabilities. I've used a CEC TL1-X, Wadia 861SE (as a transport)but the new Ensemble Dirondo transport is an order of magnitude better.
James1969, Have you heard the DCC2? If so, would you mind comparing it to your Zanden?