Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 or Audio Research CD3

Which cd player would be a better match for my musical taste? I like most everything(except rap), however I
primarily listen to rock and r&b.
Thank You.
blaineaf
food for thought, i auditioned the capitol 2 and the accuphase dp-75v side by side, my preference was the accuphase. they hit about the same price points. the accuphase has the benefits of expantion slots for 4 additional cards.....scot
The ARC company really has the tube thing going for it.
So does Audio Aero. I love my Capitole,and without a preamp.One less link and ic and power cord and shelf.
Peter
Audio Aero is better. The latest version has an analog passthru to allow for the use of a really good tuner, thus avoiding the pre altogether...unless you are still using lots of vinyl.....alsso, the AA is very upgradable as I started with the circuit board servicing the P4 chip and I upgraded to a board using the 5.6 chip and I will soon be upgrading to the latest so I can also have the analog passthru.

At the moment I run my satellite feed through toslink, my DVD through coax and the AA's DAC handles is all really quite well.

If you do a search here on Audiogon you will find many a satisfied customer, even from two years ago when the AA Capitole Mark II was released with a few bugs. The P4 chip pretty much fixed all of those problems.