Theta Delta Basic II Transport Opinions.

I am Seriously looking at the Theta for use with the Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC your thoughts please.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xartizen65
Art, I use a common Sony 200 disc CD mega changer's optical output with my Tri-Vista 21 DAC and am happy with it. I may borrow a transport from the local Audio Salon and see how it works. Enjoy your '21!
That would be Theta "Data", not "Delta", which is a CAL model name. I haven't heard one in too long to comment directly, but I do own a Theta Pearl transport and it's definitely better for driving an external DAC than any of the mid-fi players I've tried as transports.
Can't comment on how it will interact with the Tri-Vista but the TBDII transport is an excellent unit for the money. Good bass, not too forward, throws a wide soundstage and overall performance is excellent, especially with Theta DAC's. Had a few transports, sold or traded them all - but still I keep the Theta Data Basic II on hand. One thing... these units are prone to mechanical glitches, i.e. drawer function and laser alignment (it's what I hear and have experienced). If the whole transport mechanism fails, it could be a problem since these mechanisms (Philips) are no longer in production. But for around $500.00 used, it's still, IMO, a good bargain if you can get more than a few years out a used one.