EMM Labs DCC 2 - Sneak Preview

Here are some pictures of the new EMM Labs DCC 2. It looks pretty cool and I can't wait until mine arrives in the next couple of weeks. I am one happy tire guy! :)

EMM Labs DCC 2 Front

EMM Labs DCC 2 Arse
tireguy
Hello Panorama, According to Bill they were "ripe". Maybe they did need more time on them. I wanted them to be better then the OTL's because the OTL's won't cut it with the Eidolons. But to my ears I much preferred the OTL's. Happy listening! Tom
Hello Tom,

Oh, the Eidolons. Very nice. Have Bill let you audition the hybrid's and listen in your own room. In fact try them both and let us know what you think.

Michael
First off, I am thrilled that you (Tireguy) will finally get your DCC2. I have enjoyed my DAC 6 like no other component I have owned...AMAZING!

Tom - Regarding the Tenor OTL vs. Tenor Hybrid, I have heard both in the same system (Kharma / EMM Labs / Jena Labs) and assure you the Hybrids are significantly better. I own the OTL's and have the stereo hybrid on order. I heard them over at Chambers Audio and Jonathan Tinn and I both agreed there was a clear difference that easily showed how much better the Hybrid Tenor amps are. There must have been something wrong with the pair of Hybrids you heard. To my ears, it was not close.
Thanks for all the comments!

Dekay- You got it this is my new phono preamp :o)

Bombaywalla- The different color LED's on the front panel allow you to manage what functions your using at a quick glance. This dac has multiple digital and analog inputs- you can access all of the features from the remote, Emm labs must have fealt there was a reason to do it this way instead of using the LCD display. In any case I think this looks cool in a 70's sort of way- put this DAC in a leisure suit and strap some sideburns on it and it would be ready for a cameo in the movie Boogie Nights!

Ed- Value is all relative, we both know this though. I feel that this DAC offer's a great value because not only is it(to my ears along with many others) the best SACD reproduction available at any cost, it is also argueably the best redbook CD reproduction available. Putting something all into one package is not only convenient but saves money on power cords and interconnect which can get expensive. Also the proprietary digital interface cable is included with the transport and those who have tried aftermarket cables have gone back to the original one- no need for an expensive digital cable is yet another "savings" of sorts. Wait till you hear it at CES, then pass judgement on it :o) Emm labs will be demoing with Tenor and Kharma.
Tim--I'm sure it will be good, but I remain skeptical that it will be as good as the separates. Power supply is more than half the battle and you have the preamp and DAC in one box drawing on the same supply.
Jonathan Valin in TAS also indicates that he believes the OTL's have certain advantages over the hybrids, though he raved over the hybrids.