Which are the top DVD-A players?

I'm curious to hear from DVD-A proponents. Which are the better
DVD/DVD-A players. I'm not interested in Universal Players, I am
interested to hear your experiences with DVD-A Players. Which
ones also have great redbood play-back, are also top DVD players, etc. If I could get some info at different price ranges --
even better. Also, which are the better DVD-A's, which recordings
show the medium to its fullest? Thank you.
rsbeck
Denon DVD-9000 should be included, no? Also the Toshiba 9200, even even both units are rather old at this point. Also consider some of the Arcam units someone else mentioned.
I agree concerning the Esoteric DV-50, and find its SACD performance to be as good or better than most stand alone CD players. For the present,however, avoid the Linn Unidisk 1.1, even if you have the 11K. Many of these units have problems playing certain discs, especially the early two-channel Sonys and two channel Telarcs.
The best DVDA player right now seems to be the Meridian 800--not the 598 mentioned above.
Calanctus , correct of course . I mentioned the g series and 598 because of the excellent pricing vs cost in the line. There is just so few who can even look at an 800 series seriously. The gap in performance has closed signifigantly but the 800 series is future proof and is the best money can buy in all probability. You are so right however .. I was hoping to excite some interest .
Irishdog
I know you love your dv-50 and I think it great also but, please stop bad mouthing the Linn unidisk. I have had one since september and not one problem what so ever ! Plus Linn is providing hardware and software upgrades to keep it on the leading edge. Esoteric is not.