New Audiomeca Mephisto 2 X cd player

Since I own the audiomeca Mephisto 2 transport and the Enkianthus DAC. I was wondering if there is a significant upgrade in sound with any of the newer versions
128x128snook2
I auditioned the Mephisto II/Ekianthus II against the new Mephisto X/Ekianthus X in my home system 2 weeks ago.
Associated equipment was 2 Brystons 14BST/Bryston BP25 and PMC MB2/XBD wired by AFA cables.

The Mephisto X was first connected to the Enkianthus II. It difference was very apparent. The sound was less rolled off and was more analytical. There was a greater level of detail, the soundstage was wider, the separation greatly improved. The difference, I was told was from the improved CDM2.
Vocals had more body, the strings of a guitar was more detailed.
Next we connected the MephistoX to the Enkianthus X.
The result was a quieter background, tighter and controlled bass, mids and treble. In my opinion, the new transport yielded a bigger improvement than the new DAC.

I also received feedback from another audiophile who compared the Model X against the Audiomeca II and the Sony SACD SCD1 in his home system (Brystons and Eggleston speakers).
He told me that the new Audiomeca X bested or equalled the SCD1 in the bass and treble regions. (The Audiomeca II was not up to par against the SCDI).
Hi Buscis, thanks for taking the time in giving the website.
Your praise of your digital is exciting. Not too many find their digital better than their analog setup. Could you please describe your analog system? I have a friend who is interested in this same digital setup as yours. I doubt he thinks any digital format is the equal to a well setup analog system. Hope you prove him wrong. Hope you prove me wrong. Would very much like to know your analog system that you are comparing to your digital.
Thanks much. Looking forward to your comments.
just recieved the II.X UNBELEAVABLE. cHECK MY SYSTEM FOR DETAILS egglestonworks under all out assault
Brulee, when you get a chance, click on system under my user name. There is a description and pics. My analog rig is a VPI MK4 w/ a Rega RB900 arm (with VTA) along with Incognito wiring and a Grado Master cartridge. The Audiomeca is the first digital front end that stays right with it and actually betters it in many respects. The Anagram dacs are extremely smooth and quiet. I opted for a front loading player because of space limitations. It takes an awful lot for me to justify the kind of $$$ I spent on the Audiomeca gear. But, after using it for a couple of weeks before actually purchasing, it was an absolute "no brainer".
Thank you Buscis2 very much for taking the time to reply. I will click on your system now. I should have thought of that myself. Again, thanks much.